To date, Patricia has accumulated over 10, 000 hours teaching and facilitating People Leaders, expertly guiding thousands of individuals through Leadership, Management, and Mindfulness curriculum.
As a Leadership Educator, Skilled Facilitator, Keynote Speaker, and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher with over 18 years’ experience, Patricia works with People Leaders and Organizations to deliver relevant, powerful, and practical learning. In October of 2016, Patricia won the Kelly Award for Outstanding Workshop Facilitation from Royal Roads University.
1997 Masters of Industrial Relations (M.I.R) Queen’s University
1996 First Class Honours – University of Waterloo
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Business
Director The Art of Dialogue Victoria
2002 – Present, BC Canada, www.theartofdialogue.com
As Director of The Art of Dialogue, Patricia works directly with a variety of People Leaders and organizational clients to custom-design relevant and impactful Leadership, Management, and Mindfulness education.
- An organizational expert with a Masters degree in Industrial Relations from Queen’s University and first-hand Human Resource Management and Labour Relations experience in both public and private industry
- A skilled facilitator with over 18 years’ experience designing and delivering customized leadership training in organizations, as well as designing and delivering curriculum through the Justice Institute’s Centre for Leadership, B.C.I.T.’s School of Business, and Royal Roads University
- An experienced Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Instructor with almost 20 years of dedicated mindfulness training and practice, including Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Training with MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn, Advanced Training for MBSR Teachers with the University of San Diego School of Medicine, and an 18-month Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training with Spirit Rock Meditation Centre.
Associate Faculty, Royal Roads University, Continuing Studies
2011 – Present, Victoria BC Canada
- Meaningful Conversations
- Integrated Mindfulness Certificate Program
- Creating and Supporting an Empowered Culture
- Resilience and Change: Building Personal, Team and Cultural Resilience During Change
- Building Teams That Trust
- Strengthening Leadership Trust and Resilience
- Mindfulness for Leaders
- Mindful Leadership (online)
- Mindfulness at Work
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR 8-week program)
- Mindful Communication and Listening
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Coaching for Performance
Associate Faculty, Justice Institute of B.C. Centre for Leadership
2002 – Present, Vancouver
As Associate Faculty, Patricia helped design and deliver original core curriculum for the successful Foundations of Effective Management and Leadership Program. Recently, she worked with the Centre for Leadership to create & deliver the revised Certificate in Applied Leadership. To date, Patricia has expertly guided thousands of People Leaders through the JIBC Centre for Leadership curriculum.
Certificate in Applied Leadership:
- Lead Yourself First
- Leading Through Relationships
- Leading with Influence in Organizations
- Critical Thinking for Better Decision-Making
Foundations of Effective Management and Leadership Certificate Program:
- The Leader’s Role in Human Resource Management.
- The Leader’s Role in Effective Employee Relations
- Inspiring Teams and Managing Change
- Leading the Way (Personal Leadership & Communication Styles)
Transformational Learning for Leaders:
- The Quantum Way: Learning from the Future
- Transformative Conversations in the Workplace
2000- 2005 Instructor & Curriculum Design
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) School of Business, Vancouver.
Plan, Develop, and Deliver Core Courses: Management / Leadership, Introduction to HRM, Strategic HR Planning, Recruitment and Selection and Labour Relations
2000- 2002 Human Resource Management, QLT Inc., Vancouver, BC
1998 – 2000 Human Resource Management – Human Resource & Labour Relations Advisor WORKERS COMPENSATION BOARD., Richmond, B.C.
1997-98 Human Resource Management – Assessment Centre Administrator / Recruiter MAGNA INTERNATIONAL., St. Thomas, ON.
P.Galaczy. 1999. Electronic Meeting Systems: Win-Win Group Decision Making? Current
Issues Series. IRC Press, Industrial Relations Centre, Queen’s University.
Additional Training and Certification
- Teacher Development Intensive, The Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care & Society, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine (2016)
- Advanced Training for MBSR Teachers, The University of San Diego School of Medicine, Centre for Mindfulness (2013)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training with MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn (2012)
- Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training, Sprit Rock Meditation Centre (2007-2009)
- Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher since 2004
- Art of Hosting Meaningful Conversations, Berkana Institute (2003)